We put a lot of effort into it. We hope you guys enjoy it... and bring your friends over :)
Some of the changes may seem cosmetic but a lot of the guts of the site was rewritten from scratch. This had to be done to enable us to move on and keep adding features.
Work in progress...
There are a few items that are obviously not done or completed yet. For example:
- The new dvdaf home page did not make it in this release. That will probably come around within a month or so.
- The tutorials are really old at this point. We need to make some new ones and put them on YouTube.
- Many of the little yellow flag helpers (the little question marks that turn yellow when you hover over them) will still say something like "need to write explain for XYZ" – I guess we need to sit down and write those up.
- Our bug tracker / feature request site (dvdaf.org) is not working. We need to figure out what is up with that and fix it.
- The price comparison feature needs new data feeds, and some of the vendor links are not working. We decide to prioritize the features you do see over that. Once we get those links fixed we hope you will help us out by using them when shopping on-line. Of course all the Amazon links and prices are working now.
- The load governor is not in place just yet. So the site may go down if the demand is high, but we should be fixing that shortly.
Otherwise let us know (twitter or dvdaf.net) if you find anything wrong... it is there... we just have to find it... and fix it :-)
There is a lot of stuff in the works. Some of it will be released in the next couple of months and some of it will come about a little bit later when dvdaf.com morphs into FilmAf.com. Stay tuned!
As always, thank you all very much for your support. You help is greatly appreciated, be that financial, submission of titles, general upkeep of the database, or even if you are just getting the word out and having more folks join dvdaf.
-The dvdaf team